Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Obama Showed Up!

I am so excited I could explode! Just as I was going to bed at the end of Biden's speech (which I thought was great, BTW), Obama walks onto the stage. This whole thing is so awesome!!!

Here are a few weird things I've noticed since the convention started:

1. There are like 9 helicopters hovering around the Pepsi Center at any given moment.

2. When I drove through downtown on my way back to my office from visiting a school yesterday, there were a ton of Police SUV's with police officers standing on the running boards military style with their guns and everything.

3. There are more black cars with darkly tinted windows driving around down there than I have ever seen.

4. While I've managed to avoid the convention traffic with my master advance planning, others I've been meeting with have not. People I work with have been up to an hour late for meetings, and I expect it to get really bad tomorrow when the convention moves to the Pepsi Center.

5. Dan said that even as far south as he works (Denver Tech Center, south suburbs, basically), there are police patrolling all the buildings and the parking lots are all locked down.

It's just so freakin' exciting. I can't wait until tomorrow!!!

No comments: