Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chicago Lakes Trail

Yesterday, I did a 9 mile trail run. It was rough. I thought it would be great to prepare me for the Golden Leaf, but mostly it just made me hurt. First of all, the trail runs around 10,000 to well over 11,000 feet. Second of all, the terrain is pretty rough, and even though I've hiked the trail before, I really didn't know how hard it would be to run uphill while dodging rocks and roots for that long at that altitude. Needless to say, there was some walking involved.
I also swam today just to see if I could do a little more than I did last time. I could...a little...still have a long way to go. Why can't I have arms like Michael Phelps? I guess that would look a little weird on a chick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you ever hurt yourself on the trail runs? it just seems like (with the ground being uneven) that you'd twist an ankle or something pretty easy.

Backpacktwang said...

Are you kidding? I hurt myself walking across the living room. You can definitely get hurt more easily than road running, I think, but I run slower on trails so I guess maybe I just wouldn't bounce.