Saturday, August 30, 2008

Golden Leaf Training Update

I did 11 miles on the trails today. It actually didn't feel too bad. I have been thinking about time goals for the half marathon. It is actually a 13.3 mile race, so just a tad longer than a 1/2 marathon. The Runner's World calculator says I can do it in 2:11. That would be a 1/2 marathon PR for me, though, and since it's my first high altitude trail race, I think that time is a bit aggressive. I'm thinking I should be able to finish in under 2:20, but I'll be happy with anything under 2:30. My training this week looks like this:

Monday: 5 miles + strength
Tuesday: 4 mile pace
Wednesday: 9* 400 Intervals
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 15K Trail Race
Sunday: Cross

I am trying to run my shortest runs of the week on Thursdays now. Since I went back to work, my Thursday morning runs have been crap because I am so worn out by then. I'm hoping that will help. Only 4 weeks til the race. That means only 2 more super long runs left: a 12 mile and a 13 mile. Then I will do a 2 week taper, and then it will be here. I can't wait. We got hotel reservations last week, so we are all set to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're so good. i don't know how you guys get up so early to run. yuck.