Saturday, August 23, 2008

Obama Biden 2008


Obama Biden 2008
Originally uploaded by crazyroadsendhere
There is a lot of excitement in the air here in the Denver area right now. I'm so jazzed myself that I can hardly sit still. I got my text message first thing this morning that Biden was Obama's choice for VP, and I realized that the convention is this week!!! As in, Monday! I didn't even try to get a ticket for Obama's speech because we just have too much going on right now, but I really wish I could be there. I feel inspired when I listen to him speak. People say things like, "Well, he's just a pretty talker," but I think it is important for a president to be able to inspire people with words. He can't do it all himself. He has to get others to follow him. And that is what beautiful speakers do. They lead. With words. They get stuff done with their ability to inspire others. And Obama is about to do some important things. Like restore our standing in the world community. Like create better opportunities for my at-risk students. And like quit giving tax cuts to big oil. Got hope? I do.

No comments: