Sunday, June 28, 2009

Strength Training is Boring

As part of my training plan for Pikes (and because I am getting old and I know I need to do this anyway to stay healthy and strong), I have added strength training to my exercise routine. I am shooting for 30 minutes 3 times per week, but let's be honest, I am lucky to get in 2 of the workouts. If I get in today's workout, it will be the first time that I've actually done all three in one week. It is just so boring, even though I do the exercises right in front of the TV. I would really rather be sitting on the couch. I can see the difference though, especially in my arms. And underneath the layer of fat on my belly, there is definitely the hint of a six-pack. Wow, someday if I lay off the cheetos and candy, I could actually have a six-pack (yeah, right, like that's going to happen).

2 comments:

kcjayhawk said...

i don't know where you find the time to work (even w/ having a chunk of the summer off), run and get everything else done. good for you.

Backpacktwang said...

I do it by blowing off cleaning, cooking, and laundry.