Monday, June 8, 2009

Big Head Todd at Red Rocks

There is nowhere in the world I'd rather see a show than Red Rocks. And seeing a Colorado band there is just the best! The Big Head Todd show there on Saturday night was no exception. They played a good mix of their old and new stuff including "Bittersweet" and my personal favorite, "Broken Hearted Savior." It all rocked!

My friend Jen and I started the night with Margaritas at the Morrison Inn on their roof-top patio. It was a perfect day, not too hot and not too cold. And it was bright and sunny. With all of the afternoon rain we have had here, I was a little worried. It did get a little windy when we got to the show, but all in all, I couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. After we finished our Margs, a buddy we work with took us up the hill to the show on the back of his motorcycle. There is no better way to go to Red Rocks, for sure!
After the show, we walked back down the hill to Morrison, and went to a bar called Vinny's to finish out the night. Then we split a cab back to my house (and we didn't get home until after 3:00). It was definitely the craziest night I've had since college and I am way too old for this crap. But it was fun!
Dan and Noah are home safe and sound now after a tornado-ridden camping weekend in Nebraska. They had fun though. I missed them so much and I am so glad they are home.

1 comment:

kcjayhawk said...

oh, i forgot about bittersweet. it so reminds me of my freshman year of highschool.