Monday, April 12, 2010

Paris III

I think this is my last Europe post. It is just now sinking in that I went to Spain and France. I am so freakin' lucky it's unbelievable.

So, on Thursday morning, we got up and walked over to Notre Dame. Here are some pictures form the walk over. It was our only beautiful day, weather wise, in Paris.





A Metro station (the subway):
Notre Dame:


The stained glass in Notre Dame is AMAZING!

After exploring Notre Dame, we did a little shopping on the Ile St. Louis (an Island in the Seine). Then we took the Metro up to Montmartre, a neighborhood on the north side of Paris proper. It is a bohemian artist colony type thing and it was my favorite part of Paris by far! Sacre Coeur, my favorite church we saw in Europe is there. Here are some pictures of it:
Here are some pictures from the rest of the time we hung out in Montmartre. We stopped at a bar and had a drink and a bartender was mean to Amanda so I kicked his ass. Just kidding. Seriously though, at that bar, they had the strangest bathrooms I've ever used. It was just a hole in the floor. Gross! But I managed. I just pretended I was camping. None of these pictures are from that bar. I would not want to give them the publicity. Email me if you are going to Paris and I will tell you where NOT to go!
A cool door:Sacre Coeur from the main artist's square in Montmartre. It is called Place du Tertre:La Maison Rose, Utrillo (one of my favorite painters) and Van Gogh used to hang out here:
One of the last few windmills in Paris:

Another one: The Moulin Rouge
Amanda modeling the jewelry she got on the Ile St. Louis:

3 comments:

suzanne said...

i would never have guessed that a restaurant in paris would have a hole in the ground toilet. gross. you should have kicked his butt.

Amanda said...

Hahahaha. Thanks for the fake modeling pics. I can't wait to wear that bracelet when I get home!!

DK said...

Awesome pics Amanda..forget teaching i see a new career in your future