Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Back in Colorado

Well, I made it back from Europe. It was a great trip, but I missed Dan and Noah tons and I am very glad to be home. I hope to start uploading pictures tonight so hopefully there will be more posts soon about Spain and France. It was really fun traveling with Mom and Amanda and Amanda definitely picked a cool place to live for a semester!

I am still totally jet lagged and can't seem to get myself back on mountain time. I am getting there, but not fast enough for my taste. There is so much going on! I was behind at work already before I left and missing 3 work days did not help that any, as you might imagine. Also, one of my admin classes ended while I was gone and another started up, so that is in full swing already. My new class is Strategic Planning for Educational Organizations. It sounds interesting and so far I like the professor.

Noah's soccer started while I was gone and I am the assistant coach, so that is fun but crazy too! I had my coaching debut last night and it was nuts! Those kids run all over the place. I was cracking up half the time and the other half, I was chasing either balls or children who had gone out of bounds. Noah's first game is a week from tomorrow!

Dan is a trooper as always. I don't know how he did everything while I was gone all by himself. He is amazing and I am so lucky to be married to him.

I started the Couch to 5K program yesterday. I know that sounds crazy, but I just think that with all of my injuries, it is better to start up running again really slowly. It is insanely easy, but maybe that is the point. I am going to pick a 5K to run in about 8 weeks and then hopefully I can get back to normal this summer. I am really getting my heart set on an October marathon (or maybe even Pikes if registration is still open by the time I am fully better), so I am focusing on injury prevention.

Watch for another post later today about my first days in Spain!

1 comment:

suzanne said...

i got to hear some of your mom's stories when we picked her up at the airport but i can't wait to hear more. and see pictures.