Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our Gingerbread House

Our good friend Kristi gave Noah this gingerbread house kit for Christmas. If you click on the link, you can see how quaint and beautiful it is! I was really excited to decorate it with Noah, but we have had NO time at all!!! Today, I was home with Noah and Dan was at work, so we finally had some time. Noah and I got it all sort of glued together with frosting. It was a little ghetto because I am just not good at crafts (crooked corners, etc.), but I was pretty proud of it.

By the time it was all dry and ready to decorate, Dan was home! That was great since we would all get to decorate it as a family. I knew we were in trouble when he took one look at the jelly beans and said, "Wow, these will make great meteors." Needless to say, our house isn't quite as quaint and beautiful as the one on the box. It was a blast to decorate though. We just let Noah do whatever he wanted with all the candy and, let's face it, it's not like my decorating efforts were all Martha-Stewart or anything. Here is how it turned out:

1 comment:

kcjayhawk said...

looks great! i won't do gingerbread houses anymore b/c i can never get the roof to stay on:)