Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm Tired but Happy

We have had an insane couple of days. Here's what they looked like:

Friday:

1. Wildflower hike with Noah
2. Swimming at our neighborhood pool
3. Park and flying Dan's model airplane

Saturday:

1. Farmer's market with Dan and Noah (found some great calabacitas, which I'd never had before and tamales!)
2. Noah's friend's birthday party
3. Castle Rock Outdoor Movie Night: Journey to the Center of the Earth. They had a band that played before the movie and Noah danced his little booty off. Dan has video that I will try and post. It is hilarious.

Sunday:

1. I helped throw a baby shower for a chick I work with who is having triplets. Yes, TRIPLETS. Spontaneous too. No fertility stuff. Can you imagine???

2. Good news: Dan made veggie manicotti for dinner. YUM!!!

In these three days, I also managed to get in 2 shorter runs (a 3 and a 5 miler) and a strength training session (30 minutes). Time for stuff to slow down.

2 comments:

kcjayhawk said...

i've never even heard of calabacitas. i'm going to have to goggle it.

Backpacktwang said...

I hadn't either. They are king of like zucchini but just a little sweeter. They are great sauteed in olive oil!