Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Like the Stairmaster

Seriously, I do. I think it's because it's something different than uphill running on the dreadmill, which I hate. Anyway, today I did nine miles all uphill and three of them were on the Stairmaster (the kind with the actual steps that move). It felt like I could have kept going when I finished, but now my legs are super sore. Tomorrow will be a leg rest day (I'll still do about 30 minutes of core and arms, hopefully) and then Thursday I am doing my 18 miler. It is going to be insanely hot, so I am planning on getting up around 5:30 or 6 so I can get most of the miles out of the way before it hits 90. The race is in one month and 8 days. SCARY!

2 comments:

kcjayhawk said...

are you feeling ready for the race?

Backpacktwang said...

Yes and no. And that probably won't change any between now and race day. ;)