Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Few Mom Things: Fits, the Grocery Store, and Going Back to Work

Noah has been throwing fits. I mean crazy screaming, yelling, running in circles, throwing himself on the ground fits. Two nights ago, he didn't want to go to bed so he was yelling and screaming that he wanted another story. Dan had already set a limit of one story because it was late, so there was no way were backing down. So Dan basically told him "no" in a calm voice and left the room. Noah was screaming and Dan figured he would try to follow him, so he came into our bedroom (where I already was) and locked the door. Noah came running across the loft and started banging on the door and yelling and screaming, "I want another story." (Crystal, if you are reading this, it reminded me of a story you told about Will at this age). What would you have done at this point? I'll come back tomorrow and tell you what we did.

On a brighter note, I saved $18 with coupons at the grocery store yesterday. I couldn't believe it. I've never saved that much!!! More money saved for Spain!!!

In 12 days, I go back to work for the school year. I always have a difficult time adjusting. One of the hardest things is simply managing the new schedule: working, spending time with Noah and Dan, running/ working out, and keeping the house from looking like a tornado hit it. One of the biggest issues I am having right now is menu planning. I am trying really hard to avoid processed foods, but those are the easiest ones to prepare. Do you have any quick and easy recipes that use natural or at least unprocessed foods?

2 comments:

kcjayhawk said...

kenny's worst tantrum ever was when he was 3 (surprise, surprise) and he wanted to go to the rainforest cafe to eat. but each time we went to sit down he said that he was afraid and didn't want to do it. we went back and forth 3 times and then i said that we were just going to go home and eat. he seriously threw the biggest fit that i have EVER seen. i could hardly strap him in his carseat. and then on the way home he took off both shoes and THREW them at me. i was so mad i made eric come home from work and take care of the situation. i know kenny went to bed w/o lunch and it may have included a spanking too. it was that bad.

Amanda said...

Yay for saving money for Spain!!