Saturday, March 14, 2009

9 Hilly Miles

So I ran 9 miles of hills today. On a trail. Essentially, it was 9 miles of hill repeats. The first 5 felt fine, but hard. By 6.5, I totally lost it. I kept runing, but much slower. There was a red tailed hawk that flew part of it with me. He kept circling around, and at first, I thought it was really neat. Then I realized that he was just waiting for me to die on one of those uphills so that he could pick at my dead, still-warm carcass.

Next time, I will take water and Gu or some other gel with me. If I am going to run uphill that much, I need to fuel up. Or clearly, I will bonk before I am done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how long is the pike's peak ascent? i don't remember it saying it.

Backpacktwang said...

It's just over 1/2 marathon distance. Like 13.35 miles or something.