Sunday, January 25, 2009

Planned Races for the Year

Two of my goals for this year are to complete a triathlon and to run a half marathon in under 2 hours. I have slightly modified one of those goals and made my half marathon goal 2:02 because a book I am reading says 2 hours may be an unrealistic goal. (I am still hoping for sub-2 though.) Anyway, I think I am going to do the Crescent Moon Tri in September. It's a nice short one so I don't think the swim will kill me. It also gives me plenty of time to get a road bike and practice...right now I only have a mountain bike and that just isn't practical for triathlons. They run it through Cherry Creek State Park, so it should be pretty without adding any altitude to my normal training level. In June, I am planning on running the Rocky Mountain Half Marathon. It runs through downtown Denver, so again, it won't add any altitude to my normal training. In fact, I actually train about 1000 feet higher, so maybe that will help?

I am not sure I am supposed to be posting this, but Dan is planning on running the Bolder Boulder this year. Hands down, it is the most fun race I have ever competed in. It is a 10K run through the streets of Boulder, CO, every year on Memorial Day. Dan would love to have some company if anyone is interested (hint, hint: Crystal, Joe, Erics, Suzanne, Amanda, Mike). It really is an amazing experience...you finish the race by running into Folson Field and it seems like everyone in the place is cheering just for you. It's also beautiful. I will be there with Noah cheering Dan on...and you if you come!

I also want to find a pretty race up in the mountains that I can run just for fun. I may think about doing the Golden Leaf again, but it might be nice to try something new.
*Click on any of the images to check out the race websites.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i'm gonna pass on a 10k at this point.

Backpacktwang said...

OK, but if you change your mind.... Memorial Day is a long time from now.