Friday, January 30, 2009

Job Update

A few people have called and/or emailed Dan and I asking about our jobs. See, right about the time I posted about my job possibly being on the chopping block for next year, the company my husband works for announced that it was cutting a whole bunch of jobs as well. So I should probably clarify...

Yes, the position I have right now could possibly be eliminated next year. But I should explain that by saying that I might not have THAT job, but I will likely have A job in the district I work for. They don't want to lose teachers, so when they eliminate a position, they generally place you in another one (BIG district...lots of jobs). I am pretty sure the job would not be as interesting as the one I have now, but I will not be unemployed. Our boss's boss came into our staff meeting this week and reiterated that to all of us. I think her exact words were, "I will find you a job. It may not be one you like, but that's your problem." For me, it would probably mean a class full of teenage hoodlums...you know, nothing I haven't dealt with before.

As far as Dan's job goes... the announced cuts are not coming from sales in his area. They are already lean and mean. He won't get his 401K match this year, but in the grand scheme of things, that really is a trivial matter. I am just very thankful we both have jobs and benefits and food and stuff. We really are very lucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good.
all we're hearing about here in kc is about the sprint cuts.

Backpacktwang said...

Dan said that almost all of the cuts are happening in kc, so that's probably why,