Saturday, October 17, 2009

Flu Shots

So, about a month ago, Dan made an appointment for Noah to get his flu shot at his primary care doc. They said the soonest they could get him in was October 22. Fine, not real happy about it, but fine.

Last week, they called to tell us they ran out.

Are you f*&%ing kidding me? My son has a history of respiratory issues, we made the appointment a month ago, and you are OUT? I was livid.

Luckily, Noah is a patient at the resporatory research hospital near us, so I called them yesterday and they can get him in for the shot on Monday! All's well that ends well. Next will be getting him in for H1N1. I wasn't sure if I was going to have him get it, but a former student from my previous school (who I didn't know) died from H1N1 last week. She had a history of major asthma related issues. Noah's aren't as severe as hers, but given that he has had the same type of issues, I am going to have him get it.

3 comments:

kcjayhawk said...

i still need to get flu shots for the boys. i need to try to get it done this week. i'm not sure about the h1n1 yet but i would if they had respiratory issues like noah.

Anonymous said...

We are having the same problem with supply in Iowa. Our appts were postponed-hang in there. Sally

Backpacktwang said...

The dumb thing is that Dan and I already got the shot. My job gave them out for free but they wouldn't give it to anyone under 4. Noah will get H1N1 too but I think Dan and I are going to skip it.