Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back in Training Mode

It seems like I feel lost these days without something to train for. Like my whole life is meaningless. Just kidding. But I did struggle with letting my body heal up after Pikes. I finally forced myself to take a week off. It lasted 3 days, but it worked. I am back to a full schedule of running plus one day of biking (thanks again to Dan for fixing my mountain bike!). So I am officially training for the Denver Half Marathon, which is only six weeks away. Yikes! I should probably get myself registered.

I am changing up the schedule though a little to add some speed work because I would like to finish this 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours. I am realistic though so I will be happy with anything under 2:05, and I can live with anything under 2:11. The 1/2 is October 18, so I have to be ok with the fact that there could be snow on the ground for it, or it could be sunny and hot.

My speedwork consists of intervals on the track on Tuesdays and tempo runs on Thursdays. So far, my paces are right on track with what MacMillan says I need to do to finish in under 2 hours. It's definitely different than the Pikes training I did, but it is nice to be running fast (or at least faster) again.

1 comment:

kcjayhawk said...

i bet you'll break 2 hours.