Thursday, September 4, 2008

Are You Kidding Me With This?

I watched most of Sarah Palin's speech last night. I gotta tell ya, I was disappointed. I am sure you are all* shocked. I thought having a chick on the ticket would make the Republican Party more relevant to today's world. Instead, Sarah Palin took women backwards about 20 steps by talking about her family, the PTA, being a hockey mom, and then bagging on Obama for the rest of her speech. Nary a policy statement in sight. For example, she mocked Barack Obama's experience with community organizing. I guess that shouldn't surprise me since community organizing is the common person's way of fighting back against the same dirty politicians who have been running this country for the last 8 years. She almost makes me embarrassed to be a woman.

*By "all," I mean the 2 or so people who are still reading this blog since I'm sure I have offended most of my family with the anti-neocon rhetoric I've sprinkled throughout the blog.

No comments: