Saturday, February 20, 2010

Changes

So our whole itinerary for Spain has changed since the last time I blogged. We decided that we were trying to do too much, I decided the Pyrenees weren't as necessary as I thought, and mom decided she really wants to see Paris. So, here is the new plan.

Day 1 Arrive in Madrid/ Alcala de Henares
Day 2 Madrid/ Alcala
Day 3 Fly to Barcelona
Day 4 Barcelona
Day 5 Barcelona
Day 6 Fly to Paris
Day 7 Paris
Day 8 Paris
Day 9 back to Madrid
Day 10 Go home!

I am completely obsessed with Barcelona at this point. I am especially obsessed with all of the Gaudi architecture we are going to see. To check out some of it, click here and here. I am fascinated by Casa Battlo, which is going to be within walking distance of our hotel!!! Paris will definitely be cool too, but I just feel like Barcelona is my kind of city. We have all of our flights booked and accommodation booked in both Alcala and Barcelona. Paris is almost booked... we are staying in an apartment rather than a hotel there and we are just waiting to hear back from the owner. It's a place my friend stayed in, so I know it will be perfect! It is literally 1 block from the Louvre, so I really hope it works out.

2 comments:

suzanne said...

fun! you guys are going to have such a good time, no matter where you go. i said the same thing on amanda's blog but hearing your plans makes me want to watch eurotrip.

Amanda said...

From what I've heard about Barcelona from my friends who have been there, its definitely your kind of city. I can't wait for you guys to be here!! 32 days!!