Friday, August 14, 2009

It's Tomorrow

I can't believe it's really here. Pikes Peak Ascent is really tomorrow. I am ready. My sweat check bag is packed, race day clothes are laid out, my carbos have been loaded, and my pee is exactly the right color: not so dark that it indicates dehydration and not so light that I am going to get hyponatremia. After freaking out for 1/2 the day, I finally read what can only be described as an optimal race forecast and started visualizing myself finishing strong. I have my desired splits all written out on a piece of paper folded up in the little pocket in my running shorts. I don't think there is any way I could be more prepared. The rest is up to fate (and a whole bunch of running). It's just a hill, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, we will be with you (in spirit) tomorrow. We did our "Pikes Peak" today. Took Brayden to his firs State Fair. Just got home. Good luck in the morning. Anxious to hear how it goes. Dad

kcjayhawk said...

you'll do great!