Saturday, May 2, 2009

Garage Sale

We had our first garage sale ever today. Our neighborhood has a community garage sale every spring and today was it for this year. Guess how much prep we did. None.

But it actually went pretty well. We just dragged out whatever we could think of at 7:00 this morning and we ended up making about $150. It was really cold (like 45) but it never rained, although it looked like it might. And it was actually kind of fun. At the end, the boyscouts were down at the community place (The Grange) and they took what was left for donations to the United Way. So we also contributed to a good cause and got a tax write-off. Win-win-win day!

All in all, I am really glad we did it, because I almost ditched the idea because we have been so busy and the weather was so cold. I'm really glad I didn't. To celebrate all this found money, we went out for dinner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We ended up joining the community garage sale day as well. Mom wanted to try selling the wicker on the porch so I cleaned out some stuff from the garage and basement. Wow what a score and I don't have to trip over it any more. Counting the days till we see you all. Got a kick out of guitar boy. Dad

kcjayhawk said...

nice.
i hate (running) garage sales. every year i always intend to take stuff over to my mom's and then never do.