Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Fates Are Conspiring Against My Long Run

I am supposed to do 8 miles this weekend. It usually do my long runs on Saturday morning so they are over and done with and I can enjoy the rest of the weekend with my family. It was a no go yesterday either outside or at the gym because of the insane snow. So, I show up at the gym at about 9:00 today (after barrelling over all the snow in our driveway with the jeep... god forbid we would actually shovel the driveway). When I got to the gym, there were fire trucks in the parking lot. Like a ding bat, I go in anyway and the firemen stop me (Castle Rock has really good looking firemen, by the way). There's a natural gas leak and the gym is closed.

Crap.

So, I get in the jeep and drive back home thinking, well, it's over 40 degrees now, so I'll just run outside. As I drove through the neighborhood though, I realized no sidewalks or bike paths are cleared yet. That means I get to run down the single lanes on the roads that are cleared. Sounds pretty safe.

So, as soon as I finish this cup of coffee, I will be on my way. I'm not totally sure I will get in the full 8, but I am going out to run something. Earlier, as I got grumpier and grumpier from 2 days of no running, Dan said, "You either need to start running or start drinking so you can calm down."

I'm thinking, cool, run first, then drink.

2 comments:

kcjayhawk said...

running in the snow is hard. i vote for drinking instead.

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the article. Thank author for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.