Monday, December 15, 2008

Shakin' It Up

So I have been getting a little bored with running.

And by "a little bored," I mean really freakin' sick of it.

On Saturday, I tried to combat this with a nice long trail run. It was around 50 and sunny. And it was a totally different route for me. And I had forgotten how much tougher trail running is than pavement running. And it worked. The run was actually enjoyable and I came out of it totally back into running.

Then this morning, the temperature was -18. I was NOT running outside, so I went to the rec center that is about 10 minutes from our house and ran on the treadmill. I forgot my iPod, so I thought I'd be back to the running burnout by the end of the 4 miles I had planned. But it was great and fast and felt good. I'm going back tomorrow morning because it is supposed to be butt cold again. I won't forget my iPod this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is it bad that i haven't run since the 5k. any day now...eric starts on days on saturday so that should make it a little easier (nothing is easy when he's on mids)